Thank you for your interest in submitting your pet to our animal model database!
When we get requests for commercial photography, we often need to select specific animals to meet the client’s needs. Having a great variety of lots of different breeds, colors, sizes, and personalities to choose from is an important part of the process.
- Submit your dogs, cats, horses, birds or other exotic pets.
- Submit one form per animal.
- If you submit an animal younger than 1 year, please submit another new form for them when they’re fully grown, to keep our database up to date.
- Please respect our time by only submitting confident, social, well-trained animals. Be realistic when considering your pet’s personality – if they are very shy around people or in new situations, aggressive in any way, or are not well trained, they will not make good candidates for commercial work.
PHOTO TIPS: When selecting photos to submit to this application, make sure they clearly show your pet’s face, body, and coloring. A great set of images includes:
- Close up of their face
- One sitting photo
- One standing photo from the side (see their whole body)
For good pictures, PLEASE DO:
- Take your dogs outside and photograph them during the day
- For cats, if they don’t go outdoors, photograph them as close to a window as possible, during the day
- The goal is to get natural light falling on them, so you can see their features and accurate coloring. Especially with black animals, make sure they’re facing the light.
- photograph your pets at night
- use the flash on your camera
- upload blurry pictures
- upload selfies, or photos of people with your pet
- upload photos with multiple pets – only show the pet described in the application
- upload black and white photos – only full color
- upload photos of your pets wearing clothes, UNLESS other photos show their body fully
Submitting your animal to our database in no way guarantees that he / she will be chosen for a photo shoot. We’ll notify you if your animal has been selected for further inquiry, and it’s always your choice if you want to participate in a potential photo shoot. If your pet completes a commercial shoot, compensation will be provided. It may range from a complimentary print to monetary compensation, dependent upon the client.
The majority of our commercial work generally takes place in (and around) the Minneapolis, MN metro area. Please only submit your pet if you live in the area, or are able to travel here.
**Note that we are NOT an animal talent agency, this is only for potential commercial photography work with Sarah Beth Photography, LLC.
If you don’t see a confirmation when you submit, it didn’t go through – scroll back up and check for errors.